
A young Amish woman, yearning for freedom, crosses paths
with a handsome Mennonite celebrity in a deeply moving tale of friendship and
self-discovery—the second installment in the unforgettable New York Times bestselling
author’s new Amish Brides of Pinecraft series.
Penny Troyer rarely disobeys her parents. In the years since
her sister’s tragic death, they’ve wanted nothing more than to keep her
safe…even if it means never leaving the house.
But tonight, she’s bending the rules because Michael Knoxx,
the most famous member of The Knoxx Family Singers, a traveling Mennonite
Evangelical family —is scheduled to speak. Penny has heard of Michael—how he
lost part of his leg in a terrible accident and uses the experience to inspire
others—and knows she must meet him. So, for the first time ever, Penny stands
up to her parents and goes out on her own.
Though he speaks about living life to the fullest, Michael
knows he needs to take his own advice. Life on the road is grueling and Michael
wants to slow down, to rest…to perhaps meet someone who sees him as a man, not
just a celebrity. So when a twist of fate allows him the chance to stay a
little longer in Pinecraft, Michael knows God is showing him a new path,
especially when he discovers how much he and Penny Troyer have in common.
But new friendships can’t stop time. Soon, Michael's time in
Pinecraft will be over and he'll be back on the road. Her time with Michael has
brought her happiness, but will she be able to follow her heart? Or will she be
faced with the one thing she’s sure she'll never have the courage to do?
I love the setting of Pinecraft. I feel like I can visual
the place. I love the characters and the storyline. Even though this is the
second novel in the series, you could read this one and not be lost. I
felt like I was right there with Penny cheering her on to become the woman she
was meant to be. You will love Penny too. If you love Amish novels, you will
want to read this one. This would make a wonderful summer reading book for the
beach. I can't wait for the next one.
I received a free copy of this book as a member of
Shelley's group "The Buggy Bunch”.
Sounds like a book my daughters would have chosen for me--thank you for the synopsis!
ReplyDelete