Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Sunflower Summer



It's the first day of summer in Buttercup Grove. Hooray! What a better way to celebrate than planting some flowers. Raccoon gathers his friends and they get to work digging holes for the sunflower seeds he found. But there's a big problem. Sunflowers take all summer to grow and that's a long time! It's going to take a lot of hard work and patience before Raccoon and his pals see big, bright flowers. Sometimes, the most beautiful things in life are worth waiting for. In a world of instant gratification, this story reminds us that many good things are worth waiting for - and for the sunflowers, they have to wait a very long 100 days. Of course, at the end they discover it was well worth waiting for when they see the beautiful sunflowers in full bloom. The artwork by Michal Sparks is both intricate and endearing, a perfect accompaniment to this sweet story of friendship and patience. The book finishes with a Bible verse on patience-something we can all appreciate! The illustrations are just adorable. It is a story about patience, friendship, and working together. I love the scripture reference at the end that ties the story together.

I highly recommend it for children to learn these character traits. 

 I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. The opinion stated is my own. I have not been compensated in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment