Monday, August 29, 2011
But it it still very unreal that this child of mine is even old enough to go to college. It's very unreal that Chris will be away from me more than he will be with me. It's very unreal that he will have to experience hurt without me, fear without me, and new beginnings all without me by his side. This is where I would absolutely crumble without the knowledge that my God will be his comfort, my God will be his strength, and my God will walk alongside him. It's a blatant reminder of the reality I know already- that Chris isn't mine. He is God's. And although Scott and I have the absolute privilege to call him our son and raise Chris to know God, it is our loving Father who will take Chris and lead him down this path of life. Because ultimately he is God's son. And I take much comfort in that... as he starts college classes today. Praying for you and missing you so much Chris!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck to Chris in his growing up and leaving the "nest". I remember as each of our three left home, that I cryed off and on for weeks, and still miss the days of having kids at home. God will watch over him and you'll enjoy a new grown up relationship with him as he grows into a fine young man. Have a good week, jo
ReplyDeleteYou are such a loving mother! What a great knowledge, and relieve, to know that God will be there were you can't, and that you can trust Him to look after His children.
ReplyDeleteYou have raised him and God will lead him. Good luck Chris and you to sweetie, he will be home soon!
ReplyDeleteI made a Western themed newsletter template if you want to head over and get your copy! =)
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog and wanted to let you know that I have felt and feel the same way about my kids. Someone once said that it is important to remember that God loves our kids even more than we do and that He wants the best for them. There's always Hope!
ReplyDelete