Friday, April 1, 2011

Eventide Update

I will not finish my quilt in time for Tuesday's show but that is OK. It's much more than meeting a deadline and more about the process.

When I decided to do the quilt a long, I didn't know all that life would throw my way:
- 3 weeks of being sick
-college trips, college trips, college trips
-sports practices
-a brain cramp with following the Ohio Star block directions. I have looked at the directions for 2 weeks, on and off, and they made no sense to me. Looked at them again yesterday and everything clicked. Not sure what the initial hang up was. Pretty simple to follow.
-nasty comment from a long armer that set me back

My progress:
-all material cut. Love my material!
-large quarter square triangles made
-half of the Ohio Star quarter square triangles made ( hope to have them all made by the end of the day and maybe a couple of Ohio square blocks finished!)

I think a realistic deadline for finishing my quilt will be the end of April. Tomorrow we have another college visit and my husband's office party. Sunday is church and a local quilt show. Wednesday we leave for a trip to Ohio to visit a Christian college out there and won't be back until Saturday.

Once the Ohio blocks are done, the quilt will go faster. I can already tell I am going to love it! I will post a picture when I am done. I can't wait to see everyone's quilt. The glimpses I have had, I love how different they look even though we are all using the same fabric.

5 comments:

  1. Brenda, thanks for participating in the sew along. When you DO finish Eventide, and I'm sure you will, be sure to let me know if I don't catch it on your blog. I will be sure to blog about your finish, whenever that may be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the reasons that I enjoy having a giveaway, is so that i can go visit and find other blogs, through the people who leave comments! So, im happy to have found you.... Lovely work and sweet blog. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checking in on you Brenda, you have been extremely quiet. Praying all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brenda, thank you so much for signing up for the party, I would love to eat some of your pizza salad (never heard of that before) and would love lemon layer dessert. Sounds like you will have a very busy summer. I am so excited about staying home.

    Oh and the lady that talked about your quilt? It was her opinion. I think we have to take pride in our own things now mater if other ladies like it or not. I am sure it was beautiful..........by looking at your blog.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Buttercup's. Please come and visit often!

    ReplyDelete