
A Guy's Guide to Life: How to Become a Man in 224 Pages or Less is a teenage guy's handbook to becoming a man with a healthy mind, body, and soul.What does society want of teen guys? To be independent, tough, and macho? To be a sensitive, caring metrosexual? To excel in school and sports and business? The challenges are many, and we haven't even mentioned the most important-and most frightening-topic of conversation: girls. The road to manhood is a perilous one.Guys need a guidebook, one that asks and answers the questions they're reluctant to discuss. They need a book that addresses the myths of manhood with a straightforward approach teenage guys will appreciate and absorb. Author Jason Boyett understands what many fail to realize-that somewhere between the awkwardness and braggadocio, the goofiness and the developing body, there is a real person struggling to make his mark on the world.
Mr. Boyer covers a lot of ground including peer pressure, dating, grooming, sex, sexting and relationships.He writes from a Christian perspective and advocates pre-marital abstinence from sex and encourages young men to be respectful and responsible in all areas of life.The book is divided into three main parts--Mind, Body, and Soul--each of which contains five chapters.The mind deals with peer pressure, communication and dating among other topics. The body chapter deals with grooming, health and exercise a, sex, etc. The soul chapter deals with family, friends, your faith,
The book is probably helpful to young men in their early teens. I would have liked the author to have more spiritual principles in the book. Faith seems to be a little wishy washy. Also the slang could be offensive to some readers. etc. I am not sure i would give this book to a young man to read without some guidance. There are good practical advice in there on how to shave, how to tie a necktie, etc. I see a need for this time of book in today's society. I would just like to have seen more Biblical principles.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 25
No comments:
Post a Comment